Benefits Support


If you are unsure that you are receiving all of the benefits you are entitled to, contact our Financial Support Team. They will carry out a full assessment of your circumstances and provide you with information on which benefits you should apply for.

To contact our Financial Support Team, you can call 0300 323 0325 or fill in the form below. We will get back to you within 72 hours. 


Benefits Calculator

Use this free and easy-to-use calculator can help you check what benefits you might be entitled to.


If you want to use the calculator, you will have to share personal information with entitledto on their website, including your postcode, age, disability status and income, so that they can calculate your benefits or see if you qualify for Tax Credits. Entitledto ask for your email so they can send you a copy of your results too. Once you've left their site, they do not store personal information that you share with them. To read their privacy policy, click here.


If you would like discuss your benefit options, please contact our Financial Support Services team by calling 0300 323 0325 or by filling in the form below. This service is completely free and we will get back to you within one working day.


Bedroom Tax

If you have a spare bedroom and you are renting a council or housing association property, then your Housing Benefit may be reduced. This is sometimes referred to as the ‘Bedroom Tax’, the ‘under-occupation penalty’ or the ‘removal of the spare room subsidy’.


If you are affected, your Housing Benefit (or the housing element of Universal Credit) is cut by the following percentage:

  • 14% for one extra bedroom
  • 25% for two or more extra bedrooms

You can find more information about the bedroom tax in this government guide.


Benefit Cap

How much is the benefit cap?

On 7 November 2016, the government introduced revised benefit cap limits.

Under the new cap, those living in the UK outside of Greater London will receive a maximum of:

  • £384.62 per week (£20,000 a year) for a couple,
  • £384.62 per week (£20,000 a year) for single people whose children live with them,
  • £257.69 per week (£13,400 a year) for single people who do not have children or whose children do not live with them.

The limits are higher for those living in Greater London boroughs. The new cap is:

  • £442.31 per week (£23,000 a year) for a couple,
  • £442.31 per week (£23,000 a year) for single people whose children live with them,
  • £296.35 per week (£15,410 a year) for single people who do not have children or whose children do not live with them.

What benefits are included in the cap?

The following benefit income count towards the cap:

  • housing benefit (unless you live in supported housing)
  • income support (IS)
  • jobseeker's allowance (JSA)
  • employment and support allowance (ESA) (unless you are in a support group)
  • incapacity benefit
  • child benefit and child tax credits
  • guardian's allowance
  • carer's allowance
  • maternity benefits and widows' benefits paid by the DWP
  • severe disablement allowance
  • universal credit

Will you be affected?

There are a number of reasons you might be exempt which includes:

  • You are working and receive working tax credits or you work enough hours to meet the qualifying criteria to claim working tax credits.
  • You have been employed continuously for 12 months and you lose you job through no fault of your own. In this circumstance the benefit cap should not be applied for the first 39 weeks of your claim, or
  • If a member of your household is getting a certain disability benefit such as disability living allowance, personal independence payments or the support component of employment support allowance. 

For a full list of exemptions visit:


Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

For people who were born after 8 April 1948 and are 16 or over, Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is being replaced by a new benefit called Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is to help with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64.

You could get between £21.80 and £139.75 a week.

The rate depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.

You’ll need an assessment to work out the level of help you get. Your rate will be regularly reassessed to make sure you’re getting the right support.

To find out how Personal Independence Payment (PIP) will affect you, go to the PIP Checker on

Money and benefit support

If you find yourself facing money problems, our Financial Support Team is here to help.

Get in touch and the Financial Support Team will do a full assessment of your circumstances, taking into account money you have coming in  as well as options you have for maximising your income. These could be through benefits payments or through debt options. 

Contact Financial Support Team

0300 323 0325