Building insurance


We provide building insurance cover for properties where we own the freehold.  You pay a part of the cost via your service charge.

Building insurance does not cover damage to your personal possessions. We strongly suggest that you take out contents insurance to cover your household goods and contents in your home.

Our properties are now insured by Marsh. You can send notification of claims by telephone, email to the claims team. Contact details for reporting all new claims, and to discuss ongoing claims are:
Tel: 0161 274 9077
If your claim is before 02/10/2022 please contact our previous insurers, AJ Gallagher on 01245 341213 or email:
If your claim is for before 01/10/2017 please contact JLT Housing on 0345 266 9660.


What is covered?

The structure and permanent fixtures of your home are covered against loss or damage caused by risks.

Types of risk:

  • Fire, aircraft or explosion;
  • Storm damage or flood;
  • Riot, civil commotion, malicious damage and theft;
  • Escape of water (burst pipes);
  • Damage arising from Underground Services;
  • Subsidence; and
  • Accidental damage

Types of permanent fixtures which are covered:

  • Kitchen work surfaces;
  • Taps;
  • Baths;
  • Toilets.

If you are unsure whether an issue that has arisen is covered, contact our insurance provider, Arthur J. Gallagher , on 03330 100 799 . Alternatively, if you are a leaseholder or shared owner you can view here, your Summary of Cover. If you are renting your property you can view here your Summary of Cover. A copy of the full Insurance Policy Cover is available on request by contacting Customer Services on 0300 323 0325


What you are responsible for as a homeowner?

It is important not to put the building at risk or void the building insurance cover.  

  • If your property is to be left empty for 120 days or more, ensure the property is inspected internally and externally every 30 days. More detail on this is available in the insurance summary.
  • Do not keep any items in your home that could put the building at risk.
  • Consider arranging contents insurance to safeguard your personal belongings.


Before making a claim

  • The cause of the damage must have stopped.
  • If the cause of the damage comes from the communal area call us on 0300 323 0325 (24 hours) giving us as much detail as possible.
  • If the damage is from another home, make all reasonable steps to contact your neighbour to stop the cause of the damage. If you are unable to contact them, call us on 0300 323 0325. When contacting us please have the number of the flat where you believe the damage is coming from.
  • If you suspect theft or malicious damage, contact the police as soon as reasonably possible. You will need your crime reference number when making a claim.


Our properties are now insured by Arthur J Gallagher, to make a claim call 01245 341213 or email:

If your claim is for before 01/10/2017 please contact our previous insurers JLT Housing. You can contact them on 0345 266 9660.