You can see the latest government advice here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
What are the rules?
From 12 April:
- non-essential retail can reopen
- personal care services such as hairdressers and nail salons can reopen, including those provided from a mobile setting
- public buildings such as libraries and community centres can reopen
- outdoor hospitality venues can reopen, with table service only
- most outdoor attractions including zoos, theme parks, and drive-in performances (such as cinemas and concerts) can reopen
- some smaller outdoor events such as fetes, literary fairs, and fairgrounds can take place
- indoor leisure and sports facilities can reopen for individual exercise, or exercise with your household or support bubble
- all childcare and supervised activities are allowed indoors (as well as outdoors) for all children. Parent and child groups can take place indoors (as well as outdoors) for up to 15 people (children under 5 will not be counted in this number)
- weddings, civil partnership ceremonies, wakes and other commemorative events can take place for up to 15 people (anyone working is not included in this limit), including in indoor venues that are permitted to open or where an exemption applies. Wedding receptions can also take place for up to 15 people, but must take place outdoors, not including private gardens
- self-contained accommodation can stay open for overnight stays in England with your household or support bubble
- care home residents will be able to nominate two named individuals for regular indoor visits (following a rapid lateral flow test)
- you should continue to work from home if you can and minimise the amount that you travel where possible
- We will continue to provide all services as we have done since the initial lockdown in March including repairs, servicing of heating systems, estate services such as cleaning and rubbish clearance.
- Where staff and our contractors are required to visit you or a site we will continue to do so, taking all necessary precautions – social distancing and hand washing, as well as face coverings while on site or in your home. We would ask that you ensure that you also take all necessary precautions and keep socially distanced from our teams as they go about doing their work.
- We will continue to offer appointments with our Neighbourhood Managers, Home Ownership and Income teams which are available either online or by phone. Get in touch here or book an appointment
- If you report a repair we will contact you to see when you would like the work done, ensure we work safely in your home and ask you to help us. You can read more about how we work safely in your home. Please let us know if anyone in your home is displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
- You can contact us by phone, email, through the website using the Chat Bot or an enquiry form, you can also send us a whats app message or use social media if you need to get in touch. Get in touch here.
- Our ChatBot is available 24/7 and can answer most questions for you – including sending you a rent statement, or being able to report a repair.
You see our roadmap here
(this is inline with current Government Guidance and may change.)
If we experience significant staff shortages due to infections we may need to scale back to essential services but will work as flexibly as possible to avoid this.
There has been a significant rise in reports of anti-social behaviour during the pandemic, so we ask that all respect their neighbours, follow the rules and show tolerance to others.
Our staff and contractors will continue to work hard to maintain services to you in a covid-secure way. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
If you have any queries or concerns please get in touch.
If you are self-isolating there are apps or join a local Facebook Group where people are volunteering to deliver shopping or help out in some way. https://nextdoor.co.uk/ or search Facebook.co.uk If someone asks for your card details or money - this is likely to be fraud and not a helpful neighbour, There is a likely to be phising emails where people may ask for personal details. Please do not give personal details, if you are unsure please get in touch.