Coronavirus update 25 March 2020
Following Government guidance on Monday we have been reviewing what services we are able to offer.
The advice given by the Government was to:
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food or medication, to exercise once per day or to carry out essential work
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands frequently
You can read the full guidance here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874742/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others__1_.pdf
These are our essential services:
- No electrics
- No heating or hot water
- Major flooding/serious leaks
- Lift breakdown
- Entrance door insecure
- Keys and fobs – access/replacement
- Common area lighting
- Major trip hazards in common areas
- Lighting in bathrooms and kitchens
- Individual cooking facilities where provided by Origin
- Anything which presents a risk of personal injury
- Compliance inspections/servicing eg
- Water checks
- Gas installation checks
- Electrical checks
- Fire safety
- Fire Alarm fitting, testing and servicing
Our caretakers and cleaners will still be working but offering a reduced service. For example – we will continue to put bins out to enable refuse collection but we will scale down the cleaning of communal areas in general needs blocks and focus on health and safety related work.
Pest Control work will be on a case by case basis as agreed with our contractor.
Please keep a 2m/6ft distance to enable them to carry on with their work. Please only leave your rubbish in the designated areas and do not fly-tip.
If our staff are present in your homes, please do not enter the room they are working in so that we can continue to maintain services. We will not be able to come into your home if you or a family member are self-isolating.