10 reasons to choose My Home Contents Scheme this winter
If you are renting the property you live in, it's a good idea to consider having contents insurance, which is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen, so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.
To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Thistle Insurance Service shares 10 reasons why you should use their My Home Contents Insurance Scheme this winter. Find out more about contents insurance here
If the image is not loading on your device, the text is copied below:
10 reasons to choose My Home Contents Insurance Scheme this winter
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).
- Apply over the phone or by completing an application form. You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door).
- Covers theft, water damage, fire.
- Covers tenants improvements (up to £2,000 or 20% of the sum insured whichever is greater).
- Accidental damage to TV’s and aerials and home computers is covered as standard (excludes items designed to be portable including mobile phones, ipods etc). A £50 excess may apply, full details are available on request.
- Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible.
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen.
- The sum insured will be increased by £1,500 or 15% (whichever is the greater) for one month before and after Christmas to cover presents bought or received (excludes theft which does not involve forcible or violent entry into your home).
- Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000).
- Optional extras are available for an additional premium.
Exclusions & limits apply. A copy of the policy wording is available on request.
Ask your landlord for an application pack or to apply for cover today, call My Home on: 0345 450 7288
or visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk