We’ve launched a community fund to support our communities in London and Hertfordshire. This funding will be invested in projects that make a difference to our communities. This is all part of our vision to build strong communities where people can thrive. It is now more important than ever to support our residents and communities to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Here is all you need to know about our community fund and the terms and condition you must read before making an application.
Who can apply?
Origin Housing resident groups, local voluntary and community groups, charities, social enterprises and any not-for-profit organisations. Individual residents can also apply if they provide evidence that other residents will be involved and that the project is inclusive.
What will we fund?
We award grants of up to £2,000 for projects that address a need in the local community and benefit our residents. We are particularly keen to receive applications that support our Together strategy priorities to invest in communities or projects that tackle the impact of COVID-19. These priorities are:
What are the requirements?
To be eligible for our community fund, you must:
Deliver a project/s in our communities. Our priority areas are where we have the most of our homes. In order of size these areas are: Camden, Enfield, Stevenage, Watford, Barnet, Brent, Islington and Harrow.
- Demonstrate how you will engage our residents and how your project will have a direct impact on our residents.
- Be able to demonstrate community support or need in our communities.
- For charities/community groups - you should have at least one of these governing documents: a constitution, memorandum of understanding, rules and a bank account with two signatories.
- If you are freelance or self-employed, you must show evidence that you've been in operation for at least a year and have been adversely affected by COVID-19.
Deadline and assessment
You can apply during the application windows below. Your application will be assessed by members of our resident panel Spotlight and staff.
- July – 16 August (decision in September 2020)
- September – 18 October (decision in November 2020)
- November – 12 December (decision in January 2021)
How to apply
You must read our Terms and Conditions
before applying for our Community fund. Click here
to read them.
To apply, please download and fill out this word document
, then email the completed form along with the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your idea with us, email email@example.com or call 0300 323 0325 (ask for the Community Development team).