Terms and Conditions for hall hire
Conditions of Hire
We accept your booking for our community hall when you agree to our conditions of hire set out below:
Times of use:
- The person making the booking is the person who will be held responsible for the conduct of the guests and condition of the hall.
- The hall will be opened and closed by the venue host who will attend the hall at the start and end of your booking, unless agreed otherwise.
Community hall usage/hirer conduct:
- You must arrive for your booking at least 15mins before your start time.
- Our venue host will wait up to 1hr for your arrival unless they are informed about the reason for the lateness.
- You will be charged £15 for every 30 minutes you are late from your booking start time. This will be deducted from your deposit.
- The premises must be vacated by the end of your booking. Failure to leave the premises by booked time will lead to a £15 charge for every 30 minutes after the end time.
- If it is a one-off booking, the venue host will go through the health and safety and paperwork with you at the start of your booking.
When exiting and entering the venue, attendees should behave in a quiet and orderly manner so as not to disturb the neighbours. Noise should be kept to a minimum.
The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all his/her function’s attendees – this relates to:
Health and safety:
- All costs incurred due to lost hire income or cleaning charges as a result of the hall not being left in a clean condition.
- Reporting any damages caused during the event/function is the hirer’s responsibility, the hirer will be held responsible if the damage has occurred during the period of hire, which will incur damage costs.
- Any accidents or concerns should be reported to the venue host or Origin Housing as soon as possible.
- Ensuring that rubbish is disposed of using the bins provided.
- Leaving the premises clean and tidy including furniture, which should be put back where it was found.
- Arriving and leaving at the times specified on the booking form.
- Ensuring that alcohol is not sold on the premises.
- Ensuring that attendees have left the building by the end of the hire period.
- Ensuring children are supervised at all times.
- Fire door (Basil Jellicoe Hall only) is out of bounds and should only be used in case of an emergency. The hirer must ensure that individuals in their group do not use this door, unless in an emergency.
- Smoking within the building or directly in front of the premises entrance/exit is prohibited.
COVID measures to ensure safe use:
- Users are violence or show aggression will be investigated and may be banned from booking halls in the future.
- No cooking in the kitchen allowed but food can be heated.
- You are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of your attendees and ask that you are particularly careful where children are involved.
- No candles allowed for fire safety purposes.
- All accidents or injuries must be reported to the venue host.
- All accidents or injuries must be reported to us within 48 hours on 0300 323 0325 (key holders).
- We will draw your attention to fire safety procedures and please take particular note of how to evacuate in the event of a fire
- Hiring organisations must have public liability insurance and we will ask to see this where relevant.
Bookings allowed from 17 May (subject to changes to government legislation)
- Users and hirers have responsibility for managing risks arising from their own activities when they have control of premises and should take account of any guidance relevant to their specific activity or sector.
- Users and guests are not to attend if they have any symptoms of Covid-19.
- All parties who are not from same households must maintain social distance of 2 metres, use face coverings when not eating (unless you are exempt), follow good hand hygiene on entering premises and throughout the visit.
- You must not exceed the limit agreed for your booking/activities.
- You must ensure that all your guests scan the QR code displayed in the venue and complete details as required for NHS Test and Trace, as this is a legal requirement.
Full details of government rules can be found here
Payments and deposits
- Limit of 6 allowed to gather (or two households).
- Weddings, receptions, and wakes based on the capacity of our venues with social distancing. Due to our space capacity, a limit of 24 people allowed at Basil Jellico and 20 for Athlone Hall. A few extra people for such as caterer and other event staff may be allowed subject to agreement with us. Numbers in the halls must not exceed 30 at any time.
- Limit of groups of 15 for Support groups (such as victim support and mental health groups) can take place in gatherings of groups of 15 if organised by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution or a public body to provide mutual aid, therapy or any other form of support to its members or those who attend its meetings.
- Your booking is only confirmed once paid in full, together with a deposit of £100.
- A flat fee of £15 per booking will be added to your booking charge to cover the additional costs of Covid safety measures.
- Payments for hire must be made 14 days in advance (where booking is made, at least a month in advance).
- Should the booking time become unavailable, through no fault of the hirer, then Origin Housing will refund any monies the hirer has paid.
- All monies should be payable to Origin Housing.
- We will provide you with a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before your event, but we cannot accept the cancellation after this period. We reserve the right to cancel or terminate a booking if you break our hire conditions or compromise the security of our halls.
- In the event of any damages occurring during the event/function, repair costs will be deducted from the initial deposit. If the cost of repairs exceeds the initial deposit, the hirer agrees to pay any excess.
- Non-compliance to any of these conditions may result in loss of all or some of the deposit paid.