Terms and Conditions for hall hire
Conditions of Hire
We accept your booking when you agree to our conditions of hire set out below.
The person making the booking is the person who will be held responsible for the conduct of the guests and condition of the hall. Halls can only be booked with a minimum of one weeks’ notice.
The hall will be opened and closed by the venue host who will attend the hall at the start and end of your booking, unless agreed otherwise.
Times of use:
- You must arrive for your booking at least 15minutes before your start time.
- Our venue host will wait up to 1hour for your arrival unless they are informed about the reason for the lateness.
- You will be charged £15 for every 30 minutes you are late from your booking start time. This will be deducted from your deposit.
- If the person who made the booking is unable to arrive by the start time, they may instruct someone else to attend and meet the venue host. However, the person who made the booking is solely responsible for the booking.
- The premises must be vacated by the end of your booking. Failure to leave the premises by the booked time will lead to a £15 charge for every 30 minutes after the end time.
- If it is a one-off booking, the venue host will go through the health and safety and paperwork with you at the start of your booking.
Community Hall usage/hirer conduct:
The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all his/her function’s attendees. This includes:
- Keeping noise to a minimum when exiting and entering the venue should so as not to disturb the neighbours.
- All costs incurred due to lost hire income or cleaning charges as a result of the hall not being left in a clean condition.
- Reporting any damages caused during the event. The hirer will be held responsible if the damage has occurred during the period of hire, and will incur damage costs.
- Reporting any accidents or concerns to the venue host or Origin Housing as soon as possible.
- Ensuring rubbish is disposed of using the bins provided.
- Leaving the premises clean and tidy including furniture, which should be put back where it was found.
- Arriving and leaving at the times specified on the booking form.
- Ensuring that alcohol is not sold on the premises.
- Ensuring that attendees have left the building by the end of the hire period.
- Ensuring children are supervised at all times.
- Ensuring that the fire door (Basil Jellicoe Hall only) is out of bounds and is only used in case of an emergency.
- Prohibiting smoking within the building or directly in front of the premises' entrance/exit.
Payments and deposits:
In the event of any damages occurring during the event, repair costs will be deducted from the initial deposit. If the cost of repairs exceeds the initial deposit, the hirer agrees to pay any excess.
- Your booking is only confirmed once paid in full, together with a deposit of £100 (£50 for NEQ room). The deposit of £100 (£50 for NEQ room) is payable at time of booking and is refundable after 7 days following the booking, at the earliest following checks by staff.
- Full payment for hire must be made 14 days in advance (where booking is made, at least a month in advance).
- Should the booking time become unavailable, through no fault of the hirer, then Origin Housing will refund any monies the hirer has paid.
- All monies should be payable to Origin Housing.
- We will provide you with a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before your event, but we cannot accept the cancellation within this period. We reserve the right to cancel or terminate a booking if you break our hire conditions or compromise the security of our halls.
Health & Safety
- You are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of your attendees and ask that you are particularly careful where children are involved.
- All accidents or injuries must be reported to the venue host.
- All accidents or injuries must be reported to us within 48 hours on 0300 323 0325 (key holders).
- We will draw your attention to fire safety procedures and please take particular note of how to evacuate in the event of a fire
- Hiring organisations must have public liability insurance and we will ask to see this where relevant.