Work with us to make change happen
We are an employer with a strong sense of social purpose: we help our residents to build better lives. Everyone at Origin is empowered to make a difference – we work closely together to make change happen however, wherever, it is needed.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting People strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward. Do you have the ambition to ‘be the change’ we are making?
We look after our people and provide benefits that support them both in and outside of work. Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- Build a career, develop and get promoted; around 20% of all appointments are made internally
- A generous holiday allowance that increases with time, starting at 25 days (or 28 for managers)
- The opportunity to buy or sell annual leave
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Other special leave such as sabbaticals and paid dependants leave
- Simplyhealth - we pay for Level 1 of the Simply Cash Plan to help cover a wide range of medical check-ups, therapies and treatment. Children up to the age of 16 years are covered at no extra cost
- Possible sponsorship for further study related to your role/career development
- A pension scheme with contributions from us matched with yours, up to 8%
- Free employee advice line
- Annual Staff Conference, Team Away Days and Christmas meal allowance
- Access to hundreds of perks on the Perkbox website and app, including savings on everyday purchases such as food, drink, cinema tickets, clothing, homewares and much more
- Refer a friend bonus
- Eye care vouchers
- Long service awards
In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and the resulting increase in agile working, our Origin Futures group are looking at a variety of exciting Flexible Workforce initiatives for the future. The results of this will be discussed with employees through consultation from Autumn 2020.
Giving Something Back
We give all employees two paid “Giving Something Back” days a year to volunteer for a cause of their choice and to give back to our communities and wider society. One of the days can be used to participate in our Time Together with Residents activities. These can be taken in one go, or split out as individual days or even part-days.
Some of our recent volunteering initiatives have included Christmas hamper wrapping and carol singing for our residents. During the coronavirus pandemic lots of our employees volunteered to telephone our elderly and vulnerable residents for a chat and check-in. They called over 1600 residents between them, which was a great opportunity to learn more about our customers and have a positive impact on the communities we work in.
Learning and Development
Origin is committed to ensuring that all staff have access to learning and development opportunities to enable them to have the appropriate knowledge and skills to carry out their roles. This starts with Induction, our main learning hub ‘Origin Knowledge’ provides new starters with the on-line training they need to get up to speed.
Origin Knowledge also offers online learning and e-guides for topics such as compliance, systems, leadership and personal effectiveness and many more.
The Learning and Development team provide a range of different options to help you to develop and succeed in your role.
Our Course Sponsorship Scheme can also help you to pay for learning through completing a course outside of work. We can pay for up to 50% of the course fees if you’re eligible for the scheme.
All employees are welcome to join our Wellbeing Group, made up of volunteers across the organisation who are passionate about Wellbeing initiatives. The group has recently launched a Wellbeing Strategy, and arranges initiatives such as Pot Luck Lunches, Mental Health Awareness training, table tennis club and health education campaigns.
The Wellbeing of our people is important to us and we encourage all employees to complete a Wellness Action Plan to let their manager know how best to support their wellbeing and mental health.
Our Employee Assistance Programme (run by Health Assured) is also available to all employees from day one. This provides confidential telephone and online support (both practical and emotional) and Counselling for staff and their immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.