Enfield Single Housing (ESH)
Enfield Single Housing is made up of over 300 flats across the borough of Enfield. These provide shared accommodation for single people who are homeless. The accommodation consists of fully furnished bedrooms and a shared kitchen, bathroom, and all communal facilities such as a living-room.
Who is eligible for ESH?
The scheme is designed to help single adults who are homeless in the borough of Enfield. There is a waiting list for this service, with priority given to people who are in full-time or part-time employment or education. The second priority is given to people referred to us by Enfield Council. Applicants also need to have a local connection to Enfield.
Who is given priority for ESH?
When deciding whether you qualify for Enfield Single Housing, we take into consideration the factors listed below. Priority is given to the following groups of people (in the order stated):
- Homeless applicants in full-time or part-time employment or apprenticeship, training or voluntary work
- Applicants put forward by Enfield Council as homeless.
- Direct homeless applicants.
- Applicants at risk of becoming homeless
- Full-time students studying in Enfield (minimum 21 hrs per week)
- Applicants sufffering from harassment or violence in their current accommodation
- Applicants in financial difficulties that require a less expensive accommodation
- Applicants who wish to move out of preference rather than need
Any medical issues or a disability will give the applicant additional points.
Does the scheme offer any support?
There’s an office located in the area that is open Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. If necessary, we can provide a low-level of support to residents, that may include:
- help with finances ,
- getting back into work,
- finding the right course or continuing education, and more
Do I need to pay?
You will need to pay rent and a service charge. The rent is not very high and it is usually covered by the individual's housing benefit payments.
Do you accept self-referrals?
Yes, we do. You can apply to be put on the waiting list for Enfield Single Housing by contacting us via the form below.
If you are placed on a waiting list, we will inform you of the likely waiting time.
Also, we will tell you whether or not you are considered for housing no later than five working days from receipt of the application. If you are not accepted for ESH, we will advise you about alternative housing options.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please call our Ponders End office on 0203 503 0541.
Find out more about Enfield Single Housing scheme by reading ESH Allocation Policy.
To start your application with us today, please complete the following form.
New ESH application form