Emergency transfers for people at risk
If it is no longer safe for you to continue living in your home, for example, because you have experienced domestic abuse or harassment, we will try and find you a new temporary or permanent home as quickly as possible. This is called a "management transfer".
This option will also be accessible to you if you have a severe medical condition (following an independent assessment) that makes it impossible for you to remain in your current home.
As a part of a management transfer, we will:
- offer you one property that has the same number of bedrooms as your current home.
- not use a management transfer to offer you a bigger or smaller home.
As a part of the management transfer, you will:
- need to be registered on the Local Authorities Housing list
- need to be registered, and actively looking on HomeSwapper to carry out a Mutual Exchange
- notify us of any change to your circumstances, as this may affect your application
If you feel you are at risk by remaining in your home, please get in touch with us on 0300 323 0325 immediately.