Social investment at Origin
In 2016 Origin’s board committed to funding our social investment work for another three years.
Below, we’ve outlined what that commitment looks like.
- Target Community Development activity based on local need, identified by analysis of data and the insights of our frontline staff.
- Support all of our frontline staff to tackle top community issues highlighted by their customers.
- Proactively support communities at our newly built developments, helping them to be strong right from the word go.
- Target financial support to customers affected or at risk of being affected by welfare reforms.
- Support our most in-need customers to secure sustainable employment.
- Support people to remain in their homes by providing aids and adaptations across all our properties.
- Provide a holistic support service to our general needs residents, ensuring they receive the support necessary to maintain their tenancies.
- Support our customers at Enfield Single Housing to sustain their licenses with us, and build up the skills to move-on when they’re ready.
We will do this by
- Working in partnership with other organisations and services in the areas we work in, each playing to our own strengths.
- Continually monitoring our success, adapting our approach and services as needed to ensure maximum impact.
- Remembering the link between health and housing, and taking a public health-led approach where this is useful.
- Balancing our responsive services like financial support, with preventative interventions like our active health programmes.
- Actively seeking external sources of funding, and fully maximising social value commitments from our large contracts.
- Our social investment work is delivered across multiple teams at Origin, with the Community Development Team taking a strategic lead and managing monitoring and evaluation.
- If you're interested in working with us on any part of our social investment work, please contact our Community Development Team on 0300 323 0325.